NEXT ROUND TABLE
ABOUT THE ROUND TABLE
In the social service sector, we are famously about ACTION; however, at times we need to ensure we are doing adequate DIAGNOSIS to tie our actions to actual or emerging needs. Further, do we need to address those needs alone? There is power in collaboration to build and strengthen a community.
- Diagnose some of the critical needs of our community; those that are being addressed and areas where gaps exist.
- Brainstorm potential solutions.
- Discover agencies, initiatives and resources already in place.
- Explore potential collaborations and partnerships.
- Dream about what could be in 5-10 years.
Encompass Partnerships is hosting this round table. We moved into the NE in July 2014. As a collaborative, we focus on bringing together individuals, agencies, and churches that help those living in the margins of society, including newcomers to Canada, the sexually exploited, and aboriginal youth. Our NE facility houses partners with available space accessible to other agencies who share our heart for the marginalized in our city.
This event is by invitation to agencies, faith communities, and associations that currently serve or provide services to the public. We hope that this event brings together NE communities and leads to increased collaboration and partnerships.