HOW ENGAGED ARE YOU?
The greatest and most intimate opportunities we have for gospel impact is in our own communities and neighbourhoods.
Encompass Partnerships and SIM Canada have partnered to help your church or radical community of Christ followers to become more embedded and engaged in your neighbourhood.
When we take a more integrated posture within our neighbourhoods and recapture our role in restoring the world to God's original intentions, the good new of Jesus begins to tangibly impact and transform our society.
In an increasingly diverse and eclectic society, we need to let the gospel take shape in the unique contexts of their neighbourhoods outside of our church buildings.
We want to release you in your context to transform your neighbourhood.
WANT TO BE MORE ENGAGED?
- Just what is the Gospel? More than words about sin and forgiveness, it's the ‘shalom’ of God, a way of life and living that God designed for the world.
- Jesus calls us to live lifestyles of true hospitality, welcome, and simplicity. These are key pathways for the Gospel that reorients our ways of living.
- We'll introduce key community organizing/engagement principles and ideas.
- How can Christians work together with people of another or no faith background to make our communities better? How do we 'place' ourselves in a context where we don’t share the same views or values? Can we still do something good that honours God?
- Asset Mapping: a simple process to help you discover the true resources and needs of your community.
- We’ll broaden our definition of poverty and other human needs, all of which God wants us to address in Jesus’ name.
FORMATS: The full workshop contains four 2.5 hr sessions. We can tailor-make this to suit your needs and context.
COST: Negotiable according to format and number of participants.
For more information about Engaging Neighbourhoods and organizing a training for your church or communities, please contact: