Engaging Neighbourhoods: Lunch & Learn
Cost | $10/person
Encompass Partnerships and SIM Canada have partnered to help churches and radical communities of Christ followers become more embedded in their neighbourhoods.
The greatest and most intimate opportunities we have for gospel impact is in our own communities and neighbourhoods. When we take a more integrated posture within our neighbourhoods and recapture our role in restoring the world to God's original intentions, the good news of Jesus begins to impact our society in tangible ways.
In an increasingly diverse and eclectic society, we need to let the Gospel take shape in the unique contexts of the neighbourhoods outside of our church buildings.
This Lunch & Learn is for pastors and leaders who want to learn more about how the Engaging Neighbourhoods training can help release your church or group in their context to transform their neighbourhoods. Details about the actual training are at the bottom.
For more information, please contact:
Engaging Neighbourhoods Training Information
- Group rates available
- One full-day
- Four-week series (2.5 hrs per week)
- Just what is the Gospel? More than words about sin and forgiveness, it's the ‘shalom’ of God, a way of life and living that God designed for the world.
- Jesus calls us to live lifestyles of true hospitality, welcome, and simplicity. These are key pathways for the Gospel that reorients our ways of living.
- We'll introduce key community organizing/engagement principles and ideas.
- How can Christians work together with people of another or no faith background to make our communities better? How do we 'place' ourselves in a context where we don’t share the same views or values? Can we still do something good that honours God?
- Asset Mapping: a simple process to help you discover the true resources and needs of your community.
- We’ll broaden our definition of poverty and other human needs, all of which God wants us to address in Jesus’ name.